Search This Blog

Friday, July 13, 2012

June Birchbox Review

      So I received my very first Birchbox today!  I was so excited that I didn't even snap a picture until after I had opened it.  Oops!  Next time I promise :)
      Since it was my first Birchbox, I had no idea what to expect.  I was hoping for girly stuff (aren't we all) and got some and some other goodies.  For those of you that don't know, Birchbox's are $10 a month (they have a man box for $20) and have a variety of sample from different companies.  Sometimes you even get full sized samples (which I guess really aren't 'samples' but oh well). 
      Getting signed up for Birchbox was a real pain.  I emailed, joined, emailed again, and comtinued to try to join until finally I had to call to get the confirmation email.  They say it takes 2-4 weeks to get the confirmation email so sign up now if you would like to start receiving boxes.  Here's a link for you: https://www.birchbox.com?raf=f4nn3  Go now, I'll wait for you before I continue :)
      Ok, you're back, so now on to the box.  First I received Color Club's Blue-Ming nail polish.  It's a greenish-turquoise polish that's perfect for the summer.  It took me 3 coats to get complete coverage which I guess it ok.  I'd rather have a two-coater unless it's a glitter but I still liked the color.  Here's a pic of the bottle & swatch.  Full size bottle is $8.
      Next was EYEKO by London's Skinny Liquid Eyeliner.  I'm not usually big on eyeliner.  I only wear it on my inner lashline (thank you ANTM) and usually use my powder shadow to foil my liner so that it's just a tint darker than the color I'm wearing on my lid.  BUT, that's because I suck at trying to get eyeliner to go on smooth and perfect and I just can't get those details at the end.  I think my life may be changing though.  The color I received was black, which is good, that's what I would have purchased myself anyway.  It writes so fine and smooth and you can barely feel it go on.  It set's in 30 seconds or less too and is smudge proof.  You could literally draw any design you wanted to on your eye.  Use the fine tip for a liner or tiny dots or press a little harder to make thicker lines.  The picture of "I <3 MUYF" is written with this liner.  Full size is $15.
       Hello.  <----- That's the name of my 3rd sample from Harvey Prince.  It's a lemon, white grapefruit, and pink plumeria perfume.  I sprayed it on one wrist as soon as I opened it and here 5 hours later, I can still smell it.  It's not overwhelming but it doesn't go away in 10 minutes either.  It is a little pricey though with prices ranging from from $26-$55 with this 50ml bottle being the largest and $55.
      My fourth sample was some Luminizing Moisture Tint from Jouer.  I'm not much for tinted moisturizer but it blended so well with my skin and gave it such a shimmery look that I couldn't stop looking at it.  They have 5 different colors to match your skin tone and they are all oil free and contain SPF 20.  It smooths over any fine lines and has antioxidants like ginseng and gingko biloba leaf extract.  It really seems like a great product but at the full sized price of $38 for 1.7 oz, I can't say I'll be running to purchase it any time soon.
      For the yummy part of my box I received a LÄRABAR® über Bananas Foster bar.  And there's a reason these are already out of stock.  It was delicious.  At a pricey $12.69 for a box of 5 bars, the healthy goodness is worth it.  It's all natural and sugar free and it didn't contain a single word I couldn't pronounce.  The bar was packed with dried bananas, walnuts, almonds, pecans, dates, sea salt, and cinnamon, all held together with some honey and brown rice syrup.  You could literally taste every ingredient.  I'll be looking for these soon!
      Lastly I got some super cool earbuds that I even used to chat with my mom on my iPhone tonight while I typed up this review.  These were an extra item that are not available for purchase through the Birchbox store and are a super cute alternative to the same old white ones.  This picture shows pink and blue, however mine were pink and green :)
      So now that you've seen all the cool stuff you can get for only $10, run over now (if you didn't listen to me early) and get your Birchbox's coming!  https://www.birchbox.com?raf=f4nn3

No comments:

Post a Comment